Saturday, March 28, is Watershed Clean-Up Day, and the Fairfax County Park Authority has scheduled trash collections along various parts of the watershed. Here’s their info:
Become part of the solution to pollution. Join individuals, students, families, scouts and other community groups from 9 to 11:30 a.m. to help remove rubbish from creeks and streams in the Potomac River Watershed. Collect tires, bed springs, bottles, cans and other debris from local waterways. Wear boots and old clothes and bring gloves. Trash bags and appreciation will be provided.
Call to reserve a section of the watershed.
- Frying Pan Farm Park (Frying Pan Branch) 703-437-9101
- Hidden Oaks Nature Center (Roundtree Park – Holmes Run) 703-941-1065
- Hidden Pond Nature Center (Pohick Creek) 703-451-9588
- Huntley Meadows Park (Little Hunting Creek) 703-768-2525
- Riverbend Visitor Center (Potomac River) 703-759-9018
- Sully Historic Site (Cain’s Branch) 703-437-1794
- Ellanor C. Lawrence Park (Flatlick Branch, Big Rocky Run, Cub Run and Frog Branch) repeated 1-3pm 703-631-0013)
- Lake Accotink Park (April 4) 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. 703-569-0285